This bread only needs only 4 ingredients. Feel free to bake this in a big casserole dish with a lid.
Homemade Bread [Vegan]
- 4 cups spelt flour
- 1 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Knead all ingredients for a few minutes.
- Put the dough in a bowl brushed with oil.
- Cover with a clean tea towel or cling film and leave in a warm place for 30 min.
- Flour a work surface and turn the dough out onto it.
- Fold the dough several times from the outside to the inside.
- Flour a proving basket liberally and place the dough in it.
- Cover and leave for another 30 min.
- Pre-heat the oven to 446°F with a casserole dish.
- Flour the base of the (hot!) Casserole dish.
- Turn your proving basket over the dish in one smooth movement, and let the bread fall heavily into the dish.
- Slash the top carefully, making sure you don't burn your wrists.
- After 30 min, remove the lid form the casserole dish.
- Bake for another 15 min.
- The crust should be firm and a deep brown.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the dish.