There's nothing that can bring you closer to the earth than a meal filled with wonderful, seasonal veggies. Crunchy and fresh, it will stick to your ribs due to the addition of hemp hearts in the dressing (and a little sprinkle on top will kick it up a notch too.) Make a big bowl of this to share with the ones you love!
Hippie Goddess Salad Dressing and Shaved Spring Salad [Vegan]
- ½ cup fresh packed basil leaves
- ¼ cup hulled hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 5-6 tablespoons water
- Asparagus, ends trimmed and tips reserved
- Carrots, trimmed and peeled
- Radishes, washed well and trimmed
- Cucumbers, washed and trimmed
- Extra basil, chiffonade
- Hemp hearts to sprinkle on top
- Put all the ingredients into a high power blender and process until completely smooth. Pour over the salad.
- Cut all veggies with a v slicer, mandolin or vegetable peeler. Sprinkle top with the basil chiffonade and hemp hearts (if using).
This recipe is not a make ahead dressing. The basil will turn from a beautiful fresh colour to an unpleasant green. Dressing Adapted from Oh She Glows: Ultra Creamy Hemp Salad Dressing