Healthy High Protein Rhubarb Oats Bars: a really simple yet delicious breakfast you can prep in advance. These bars are high in fiber and packed with protein.
High Protein Rhubarb Oat Bars [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 2 tablespoons Buckwheat Flour
- 1/4 cup vegan protein powder
- 1 flax egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk of choice
- 1 small mashed banana
- 2 tablespoonsp maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or a few vanilla flavour drops
- 1/2 cup pre stewed rhubarb *
- tablespoonsp Hemp Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 360°F. Grease or line a circular silicone cake mold or 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients (maple syrup, banana, egg, vanilla extract and milk) and 2/3 of the rhubarb.
- Then add in the dry ingredients (gluten-free rolled oats, buckwheat flour, protein powder and baking powder, hemp seeds). Combine the dry and wet ingredients gently with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into an 8x8 baking dish and add the remaining rhubarb on top.
- Bake 35 min or until toothpick comes out clean, but the top is still soft to touch.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes then take it out on a cooling rack.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!