Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these veggie burgers can be made in large batches and frozen for those days when you don't feel like cooking.
Herbed Millet Veggie Burgers [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups millet flour
- 1/2 cup dry millet, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups organic mixed leafy greens
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Black pepper, to taste
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Add the millet, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Chop veggies in food processor and pulse to combine.
- In a pan, cook the onion and garlic until translucent, and then add the veggies. Cook until tender and then remove from heat. Add the cooked millet and mix well.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the millet flour with the seasonings.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Scoop 1/3 cup servings onto a baking sheet and press the dough with your hands to form the patties. Repeat for 7-8 patties.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 10, or until firm and crispy on the outside.
- Grains - Other