If you like Pina Coladas…and getting caught in the rain…then you totally need to make this. Say no to pre-made mixes! That should be your new motto! I find it is much MUCH tastier to make your own. I get it, you want a drink because you are trying to relax, so you don’t want to spend all day making said drink. I got your back! Just buy the ingredients beforehand, the perishable items are frozen, so you can store all of it for your time of need.
Healthy Piña Colada (Hallelujah!) [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 4 shots of white rum
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until mixture is thick and creamy.
- If mixture is too thick, add a bit more coconut water to it to thin out.
- If mixture is too thin, add a few ice cubes.
Coconut cream is found in the top of a full fat can of coconut milk. Do not shake the can, remove lid. The top part will be thick and creamy and the bottom part will be milky. Scoop the coconut cream out of the can and use the coconut milk in another dish later. Some stores actually sell cans of coconut cream too, so keep an eye out.