Breakfast has never been more exciting! These fluffy and chocolatey Oreo cookie inspired pancakes are the perfect thing to wake up to as they taste delicious and take only a few minutes to make! The rich chocolate pancakes are stacked with fresh coconut cream so that they not only look but also taste like Oreo cookies.
Healthy Oreo Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cookie Pancakes:
- 1 1/3 cups of plain gluten-free flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of light olive oil
- 1 1/5 cups of non-dairy milk
For the Cream:
- 1 can of coconut cream
For the Optional Toppings:
To Make the Cookie Pancakes:
- Preheat a wok with a little oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the oil and milk. Mix until smooth.
- Using a ladle, carefully pour a small amount of the pancake mixture into the center of the hot pan. To make them neat, you could use round metal cookie cutters. You just have the be very careful.
- Use a knife to loosen the edges and flip them out with metal tongs. Leave for around a minute then flip! Only flip when the edges of the pancake lift.
- Continue to cook each side until golden brown. This will take around 3 minutes on each side.
- Repeat for the entire mixture until you have a tower of delicious pancakes.
- Served pancakes stacked with fresh coconut cream, homemade Oreo cookies, and chocolate sauce.
- Raw Cacao