Bring the bakery into your home with this healthier twist on banana bread muffins. They are vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free, and filled with plenty of chocolate chips!
Healthier Vegan Almond Flour Banana Bread Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 medium banana (130g)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or any neutral oil)
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour 168g
- 1/4 cup coconut flour 28g
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line 6 of the 12 cavities in a 12 cavity muffin tin.
- Sift all of your dry ingredients into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana until mostly smooth. Add in the remaining wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, using a spatula to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips (optional).
- Scoop equal amounts of batter into each tin, filling them completely. Bake for 20 minutes and let cool completely* before eating. Enjoy!
- Chocolate Chip