Do you love milkshakes, ice cream and hot chocolate but are you trying to avoid dairy because it causes skin issues, digestive problems or even weight gain? Homemade nut milk is your answer! If you haven’t tried it before, take a look at this hazelnut milk recipe, it will show you exactly how you can create fresh nut milk in just five minutes. With the addition of dried figs, vanilla and just a pinch of salt, you’ve got yourself a delicious and nutritious Hazelnut Fig Milk!
Hazelnut Fig Milk (How to Make Fresh Nut Milk in Just 5 Minutes!) [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
2 1/2 cups
Ingredients You Need for Hazelnut Fig Milk (How to Make Fresh Nut Milk in Just 5 Minutes!) [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup of hazelnuts, soaked overnight (they will absorb part of the water & expand in size)
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cups of hazelnut milk
- ½ cup of dried figs, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 large pinches of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
How to Prepare Hazelnut Fig Milk (How to Make Fresh Nut Milk in Just 5 Minutes!) [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Soak 1 cup of hazelnuts in plenty of lukewarm water for 8-12 hours or overnight. By soaking the hazelnuts, you will remove the enzyme inhibitors that naturally occur in every nut. This way, the hazelnuts will be easier to digest and sweeter in taste.
- Pour away the brown soaking water and rinse the hazelnuts well.
- Pour the soaked hazelnuts in the blender together with the 3 cups of water. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the hazelnut milk into a nut milk bag (or cheese cloth) and gently squeeze it to separate the pulp from the nut milk.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Combine hazelnut milk, dried figs, vanilla extract and salt in the blender. Blend until smooth.
• This Hazelnut Milk will stay fresh for at least 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. • The Hazelnut Fig Milk will quickly lose its intense aroma, so it’s best to serve it as soon as possible instead of leaving it in the fridge for several days. • Replace the figs with dates & add raw cacao for a ‘nutella’ chocolate milk.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.