Potatoes truly are one of the most versatile foods! While you have the grill lit and ready this summer, throw on some sliced spuds to see how tasty they can be with a nice char and some grill marks. This recipe pairs grilled potatoes with a raw zucchini and mint sauce that gets its creamy texture from almonds. The sauce can also be used in a plethora of other dishes! It is incredible with pasta or some freshly baked bread as well.
Grilled Potatoes With Zucchini Mint Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 fresh zucchini
- A small bunch of fresh parsley
- 6-7 leaves of fresh mint
- 5 almonds
- 1 garlic clove
- Water, as needed
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- Salt, as needed
- Pepper, as needed
- Wash and peel all the vegetables and herbs. Do not peel the potatoes yet.
- Chop the parsley and reserve two tablespoons.
- Boil the potatoes for 3 minutes then drain and let them cool. Remove the peel and cut into slices 1/5-inch thick.
- In a mixer, place the reserved parsley, chopped mint, finely chopped zucchini, coarsely chopped almonds, garlic, salt, pepper, and two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Blend until a smooth, soft, and homogeneous sauce has formed. Add water if needed.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper, and garlic to your taste and finish with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan or grill and place the potatoes onto it. Brush each slice with a bit of extra virgin olive oil. Cook about two and a half minutes per side. If they darken too quickly, lower the temperature.
- Spread a bit of the zucchini mint sauce onto each potato slice before serving.