You don't need a lot of ingredients to make a great burger, nor do you need to spend a lot to make them. You don't even need to spend a lot of time! These grilled hummus burgers require only five ingredients to make, not including the grilled sweet potato slices on the side. They're soft, but crispy on the outside and they cook in just 10 minutes!
Grilled Hummus Burgers With Sweet Potato Slices [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Grilled Hummus Burgers With Sweet Potato Slices [Vegan]
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas
- 2 limes,
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Water, to thin
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup vegan seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2-4 burger buns
- 1 huge sweet potato
For the Garnish:
How to Prepare Grilled Hummus Burgers With Sweet Potato Slices [Vegan]
- To make hummus put 1 can of chickpeas, juice from 2 limes, and 2 tablespoons tahini in a food processor. Add water slowly — just enough to make your chickpeas smooth. Add salt.
- Put the hummus in a bowl and hand mix in 1/2 cup breadcrumbs. Add spices, if you want any. The goal is to make a solid, thick burger. The more water you use, the more breadcrumbs will be needed to thicken it. 1/2 cup is a good start, but add more if it's mushy. Now divide the mix into 3 or 4 patties.
- Spray oil on a plate grill (don’t spray oil if you're cooking over a flame grill) and cook for about 10 minutes on high. Put burgers on buns and garnish.
- Slice the sweet potatoes and place on the oiled plate grill. Spray more oil on top and sprinkle with salt. Grill on high for 10 minutes and serve with the burgers.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.