This Grilled Fingerling Potato Salad is full of flavor! Grilled to perfection and tossed with a well-seasoned dressing, potatoes really get five-star treatment in this recipe. It's perfect for cookouts and barbecues, as well as for when you have a bunch of potatoes starting to sprout and you want to use them up soon. This fingerling potato salad will definitely hit the spot and is pretty easy to make. Try it out!
Grilled Fingerling Potato Salad [Vegan]
- 1 pound of fingerling potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon unsalted vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chives
- 1 red Thai chili pepper chopped fine (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the fingerling potatoes and allow them to boil for 8-10 minutes just until it is fork-tender.
- Remove from the heat and drain. Allow to cool and slice down the middle lengthwise and set on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle vegetable oil, salt, and black pepper over the potatoes. Mix well together.
- Heat grill to 350°F. If you are using the oven, heat the oven to 450°F.
- While the grill/oven is heating, add vegan butter, garlic, Dijon mustard, and paprika to a bowl. Place in the microwave for 20 seconds, just until the butter has melted.
- Add in the chives and the Thai chili pepper. Whisk everything together.
- Now to the bowl that you are going to serve the potato salad in, drizzle the dressing around the bowl.
- Place the sliced potatoes inner side down on the grill first. Grill 2-3 minutes, only until the potatoes have grill marks and look crisp on the inside.
- Remove from the grill and place directly in the bowl with the dressing.
- Toss gently and serve as a warm potato salad.