This unreal sundae starts with grilled, caramelized banana halves and homemade, creamy vanilla coconut ice cream. Then, you top it with a warm, chocolate drizzle and a sprinkle of chopped walnuts.
Grilled Banana Split [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 generous cups coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp stevia
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 bananas
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Stir together the coconut ice cream ingredients and pour into a freezer-safe container.
- Freeze for about 4 hours, or until solid, removing from the freezer to stir and break up the ice crystals every hour. If you freeze the ice cream for too long, let it defrost at room temperature for about 30 minutes to become scoopable again.
- Melt the coconut oil, if not already liquid.
- Mix together with cacao and stevia.
- Set aside and keep warm to prevent the coconut oil from solidifying.
- Peel the bananas and slice in half lengthways.
- Preheat your stovetop grill plate (or a frying pan) over medium heat. Note: you might need to use a bit of coconut oil if not using a non-stick pan.
- Grill the halved bananas for 2-3 minutes, flip and grill for a further minute on the other side. The bananas should become golden brown.
- Place 2 banana halves on each serving plate, top with the ice cream, chocolate drizzle, and chopped walnuts.
- Serve immediately.