Power up with the wholesome, from-the-earth nutritious goodness found in this addictive bowl of crispy-smoked veggies, crispy chips, creamy avocado, and an herby, tangy tahini dressing. This power bowl makes for the perfect healthy, gluten-free, and vegan summer meal! Break out your vegetables and start grilling.
Grilled Avocado, Cauliflower, and Sweet Potato Power Bowl With Tahini Dressing [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Vegetables:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Salt, to taste
- 2 large zucchinis
- 4 cups cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 6 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 small avocados
For the Flatbread chips:
- 1 gluten-free flatbread
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, packed (about 1 small lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
For the Tahini Dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped and tightly packed
- 2 tablespoons mint, roughly chopped and tightly packed
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño, roughly chopped and seeds removed (about 1 jalapeño)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons agave
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh lemon juice, as desired
- Place a grill basket on the side of your grill and heat the grill to high heat.
- Slice the potatoes in half length-wise and place into a large pot. Cover with cold water and generously salt. Bring to a boil on high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-high and cook until just fork tender, about 12-15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- While the potatoes cook, slice the zucchini in half width-wise and then slice each half into sticks. Place in a large bowl and toss with 2 teaspoons of the oil, some salt, and pepper.
- Place the cauliflower into a large bowl, toss with 2 teaspoons of the oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spray your grill with cooking spray and then place the cauliflower into the grill basket, and lay each zucchini stick directly on the grill. Cook, stirring the cauliflower occasionally, until the zucchini is charred on one side. Flip and cook until the zucchini is charred on the other side. This takes about 3 minutes per side. You may need to leave the cauliflower on a few extra minutes after the zucchini. Transfer both vegetables to a bowl.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, gently peel away the skin and slice them into 3/4 inch sticks. Place them in a bowl and toss with 2 teaspoons of oil and salt.
- Slice each avocado in half, removing the seed. Brush the tops of the avocados with the remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the sweet potatoes and avocado directly on the grill (cut-side down for the avocado) and cook until the potatoes are charred on one side, about 2 minutes. Flip and repeat for another 2 minutes or so, checking the avocado to make sure it doesn't burn. Remove from the grill.
- Rub the flatbread with 1 teaspoon of the oil, followed by the lemon zest and garlic salt. Make sure to really rub the spices into the boil. Place on the grill for 1 minute, flip, and then cook an additional minute.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients in a food processor- not including the extra fresh lemon juice. Blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Gently peel the skin from the avocado and then divide all the ingredients between four bowls, followed by the dressing (about 2 tablespoons of dressing per bowl). Squeeze fresh lemon juice over every bowl and season to taste with salt, if needed. Crumble up the grilled flatbread and divide between the bowls.