Green tea doesn't have to be only for drinking; use them to make some soba noodles! Add roasted vegetables and top with herbs, you've got yourself a meal.
Green Tea Soba Noodles With Roasted Vegetables and Herbs [Vegan]
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 large beets
- 4 large mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, fennel seeds, dill, paprika, turmeric, garlic powder, and rosemary if you have it
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
For the Noodles:
- 1/2 package green tea noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
For the Toppings:
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Prepare your plants: pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Peel and slice all the veggies so they are all roughly the same size. Mix in the oil, herbs/spices and maple syrup until everybody is evenly coated. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the beets and sweet potatoes are soft.
- While they are baking, make the noodles: follow the instructions on the package. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop them from cooking anymore. Then add a teaspoon of vegetable oil and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt, if you like.
- Cut up the cucumber and cilantro for the toppings. When the vegetables are ready: put your noodles in two bowls, place the roasted veggies on top, followed by the cucumber, cilantro, raisins, peanuts, and whatever else you think to add.