Green tea doesn't have to be only for drinking; use them to make some soba noodles! Add roasted vegetables and top with herbs, you've got yourself a meal.
Green Tea Soba Noodles With Roasted Vegetables and Herbs [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Green Tea Soba Noodles With Roasted Vegetables and Herbs [Vegan]
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 large beets
- 4 large mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, fennel seeds, dill, paprika, turmeric, garlic powder, and rosemary if you have it
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
For the Noodles:
- 1/2 package green tea noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
For the Toppings:
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
How to Prepare Green Tea Soba Noodles With Roasted Vegetables and Herbs [Vegan]
- Prepare your plants: pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Peel and slice all the veggies so they are all roughly the same size. Mix in the oil, herbs/spices and maple syrup until everybody is evenly coated. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the beets and sweet potatoes are soft.
- While they are baking, make the noodles: follow the instructions on the package. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop them from cooking anymore. Then add a teaspoon of vegetable oil and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt, if you like.
- Cut up the cucumber and cilantro for the toppings. When the vegetables are ready: put your noodles in two bowls, place the roasted veggies on top, followed by the cucumber, cilantro, raisins, peanuts, and whatever else you think to add.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.