Balanced, energizing, and packed with nutrients: single-serving grain salad at its best! This salad is unique, fruity, and so rich with different textures and flavors.
Green Apple Tahini Quinoa [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 green apple, cubed (skin on or off, depending on your preference)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Bring quinoa and 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until water is absorbed (about 12 minutes).
- Leave covered and remove from heat.
- In the meantime, grate fresh ginger. Combine ginger with tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup and 1 teaspoon minced garlic in a small bowl and stir thoroughly until smooth. Set aside.
- In a deep skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil until glistening. Add remaining minced garlic cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add spinach and apple to the saute pan and cook about 2 minutes until spinach is wilted, stirring frequently. Add salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- Add quinoa and tahini dressing to the saute pan. Stir to combine, season with additional salt and pepper to taste (optional).