This recipe for battered okras will give you the perfect dish to bring to a party. The batter is seasoned well and provides a crisp golden shell that is complimented by the tender okra inside. Plus, these battered okra are simple, quick, and incredibly easy to make.
Golden Battered Okra Fritters [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 14-ounces okra
- 3/4 cup vegetable milk
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika or chili
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash the okra well.
- In a bowl, mix all the other ingredients until you have a thick batter.
- Heat a large amount of oil in a frying pan.
- Meanwhile, submerge each okra in the batter.
- Fry them until they're golden and then take them out of the oil.
- Remove the excess oil with the paper towels.
For less oil, you can also bake your okra.