Vegan, gluten-free savory pancakes. packed with protein, green goodness from scallions and a hint of asian flair thanks to the sesame oil.
Gluten-Free Scallion Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + extra for the pan
- 2/3 cup of scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- A few pinches salt or sea salt for seasoning
- Combine flours, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt and one cup of boiling water. Using a stand mixer (or your intense arm muscles), mix vigorously for about 30 seconds until smooth.
- Add olive oil and chopped scallions. Mix again for about 30 seconds, then add sesame oil and mix one more time.
- Add enough water to find a consistency somewhere between burger patty and runny pourable batter. You want it to be a little fluid, but thick enough to hold its shape.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a frying pan. When it glistens, pour your batter in as you would regular pancakes. Cook about 2-3 minutes until golden brown, then flip and repeat on the other side.
- Transfer to a paper towel to blot before serving.
Reserve extra batter in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Chickpea Flour