This dish is a dream come true for pasta lovers, as the noodles consist of zucchini as opposed to high-calorie starches.100 grams of zucchini contains a mere 19 calories while 100 grams of traditional pasta contains nearly 360 calories, meaning you could eat 19 times more zucchini pasta and still consume the same number of calories. While not even the most avid pasta lover would consume that much in a sitting, it does make the point clear that zucchini noodles are a wonderful alternative. And with a tasty sauce, these noodles are simply delicious. The spiral cutter is available online or in specialty shops for a reasonable price.
Carbonara Spaghetti With Zucchini Noodles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6½ tablespoons white almond butter (100 g)
- ½ bunch parsley
- 5.5 ounces smoked tofu (160 g)
- 1 onion (120 g after onion is peeled)
- 1 garlic clove
- Approx. 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Grated peel of ½ organic lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Iodized sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 medium-size zucchini (approx. 1 kg)
- Mix almond butter and one cup (240 mL) water using a whisk.
- Wash the parsley, shake dry, and finely chop the leaves.
- Cut the smoked tofu into small cubes. Peel and finely chop both the onion and the garlic clove.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet and fry the smoked tofu approximately three minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for an additional three minutes.
- Add the almond butter mixture, lemon peel, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Allow the carbonara to come just to a boil and thicken.
- Wash the zucchini and make spaghetti using a spiral vegetable cutter.
- Toss the zucchini spaghetti with 2 tablespoons olive oil and a little sea salt.
- Fold into the hot sauce and heat for 1 minute.
- Serve in deep pasta dishes, drizzle some olive oil on top, and some fresh-ground pepper.