This Gluten-Free Asian Noodle Salad instantly became a favorite of mine! It’s an even lighter take on a traditional Chinese Chicken Salad. I’ve added gluten free “rice stick” noodles which give it really nice texture. I found these rice stick noodles at my local health food store but you can also find them at Asian groceries or online.
Gluten-Free Asian Noodle Salad [Vegan]
- 8 ounces rice stick noodles (also known as vermicelli)
- 4 cups shredded green and purple cabbage (you can also find pre-shredded slaw mixes in the produce section at your local store)
- 1 zucchini, shredded in the food processor
- 1 cup shredded carrots (I always just buy a bag of julienne carrots at the grocery store)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbs black sesame seeds as garnish (optional)
- 1 hot pepper, sliced as garnish (optional) – I used a Fresno chili for the pretty red color but jalapeno would work as well
- 1/4 cup tamari (tamari is a gluten free soy sauce), you could also use regular soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs finely minced ginger
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs Toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp spicy chili oil (optional but I had it on hand and knew it would make a great addition!)
- 1 tsp sriracha or more if you like it spicy!
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 5 chopped green onions, green and white parts
- In a small mason jar with lid add tamari, vinegar, minced ginger, olive oil, hoisin sauce, toasted sesame oil, chili oil, sriracha, sea salt and chopped green onions. Secure the lid and shake vigorously. Set aside.
- Next, fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Add rice stick noodles and cook for 3 minutes then drain.
- Finally, in a large mixing bowl add cabbage, shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, cilantro, cooked noodles and enough dressing to coat and mix until well incorporated (kitchen tongs work well for this). Taste and adjust amount of dressing as needed.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and hot peppers. You can also top with more cilantro and green onion if you like!
- Divide into bowls or onto plates and enjoy!!