These gorgeous, spicy scones are perfect for enjoying with your afternoon tea, filled with jam, vegan cream, or vegan yogurt. Even though it's only fall, it's never too early to start enjoying festive food and flavors like gingerbread! The scones are simple and easy to make, and you can rustle up a batch within 30 minutes.
Gingerbread Scones [Vegan]
For the Scones:
- 4 cups of self-raising flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 4.2 ounces of vegan butter
- 2/3 cup of vegan yogurt
- 1/2 of non-dairy milk
For the Drizzle:
- 4/5 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- Coconut cream
- Cinnamon sticks
- Icing sugar
- Ground cinnamon
To Make the Scones:
Preheat the oven to 360°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Using your hands, rub in the butter until like breadcrumbs.
- Add in the yogurt and milk and mix until a dough forms.
- Flour a clean surface and roll out until 1-inch thick.
- Using a medium-sized cookie cutter, cut out the scones and place them onto the lined tray.
- Brush some milk over the top of each scone and pop them into the oven to bake for around 15-20 minutes or until golden in color.
- Once fully baked and golden brown, carefully remove from the oven and allow to cool, then decorate with vanilla drizzle.
To Make the Drizzle:
In a mixing bowl, combine the icing sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth. Add more icing sugar if too runny.
Transfer the drizzle into a piping bag fitted with a small round tip.Top off the scones with some of the drizzle and a dash of icing sugar (optional).
- Serve the scones with vanilla yogurt inside or any of the optional serving ingredients.