This homemade Ginger Molasses Monkey Bread is super easy to make, vegan of course, and way better than the store bought artificial salt loaded biscuit!
Ginger Molasses Monkey Bread [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 cup plain pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 cups -1 tablespoon unbleached all purpose flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
Roll in mixture:
- 1-2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan cane sugar
Pour on mixture:
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 1 cup confections sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Spray a pie pan with non-stick spray or line it with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter and melt it in the microwave, then add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
- Mix up the cinnamon sugar mixture in a small bowl.
- Get you pan and pull apart small pieces of dough (slightly wet hands helps to avoid sticking) roll them into balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture and place in pan, repeat until dough ball is all used up.
- Make the POUR mixture by melting the butter in a small bowl, add the brown sugar and mix, using a spoon drizzle/pour the mixture over the dough balls in the pan.
- Bake for 29 minutes, poke a tooth pick into a dough ball just to make sure it’s fully cooked before removing.
- Make the ICING mixture by mixing the confectioners sugar and water in a small bowl, drizzle over the top of the monkey bread!
Store in a sealed container for 3 days.