These ginger cookies are chewy and spicy, and go along perfectly with your favorite hot drink!
Ginger Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 1/3 cup flour of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1/6 cup molasses
- 1/6 cup coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/6 cup vanilla coconut yogurt
- 1/6 cup water
- Additional cane sugar + cinnamon for rolling
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, flax, ginger, cinnamon, and cane sugar.
- In a small bowl, cream together the molasses, coconut nectar, vanilla, coconut yogurt, and water. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir to form a soft dough.
- Refrigerate for 20 mins. In the meantime, prep your cinnamon sugar by mixing together 1/4 cup cane sugar with 1 tsp of cinnamon and preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Once chilled, roll the dough into balls and coat them with cinnamon sugar. Press them onto a lined cookie sheet (about 3/4 inch thick) and bake for 10-12 mins, allowing them to cool before moving from the pan. Enjoy!