This herbed tofu frittata makes a lovely breakfast or you can make mini ones for a darling lunch appetizer. This particular recipe uses fresh peas, but you can use all sorts of vegetables like peppers, zucchini, or sun-dried tomatoes. Serve with a fresh garden salad.
Garden Pea and Herb Tofu Frittata [Vegan]
- 1 14-ounce package of herb-seasoned tofu
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup peas, uncooked or defrosted if using frozen
- 3 spring onions
- Large bunch chives
- Pea shoots, for serving (optional)
- Balsamic glaze, for serving (optional)
- In a blender, add the tofu, garlic, yeast, milk, seasoning, and lemon juice and blend until smooth. Tip in to a bowl and add the peas, sliced spring onions, finely chopped chives. Stir to mix everything together.
- Heat your oven to 356°F.
- Pour the tofu and pea mixture into your chosen pie dishes and place on a baking tray then into the oven for 40 minutes until golden on top and set in the middle.
- Allow them to cool down in the dish slightly then tip out on to a plate making sure the nice golden side is on top! Top with a drizzle of balsamic and a bunch of pea shoots.