This fudgy skillet brownie is loaded with plant-based protein. Healthy and delicious -- it's the best of both worlds.
Fudgy Skillet Black Bean Protein Brownie (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free)
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, or one 14-oz can (low-sodium / no salt)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, or liquid sweetener to taste
For the Dry mixture:
- 1/2 cup oat flour, or other gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C) and grease an 8-inch cast iron skillet. Alternatively, use an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- In a food processor, combine all the wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, then pour the wet mixture into the dry.
- Mix the batter until combined and transfer into the greased pan / skillet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center of the brownie is set. Let cool for at least 15 min before serving.