These brownies are not only high in protein, but a sweet treat!
Fudgy KitKat Brownies [Vegan]
- 1 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar (coconut works well)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 chia eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 10 2-finger bars, 2 bars crushed, 8 left whole of a crunchy protein bar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper, and set aside.
- Place the coconut oil, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt into a microwave-safe bowl, and heat for 1 minute. Stir well, then microwave for another minute. The mixture should very warm to the touch.
- Add the chia eggs and vanilla, and mix well until combined.
- Mix in the flour until fully combined, then gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. Place the whole protein bars on top, then spoon the remaining batter over the protein bars, spreading out evenly. Sprinkle with the crushed protein bars.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares and enjoying.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile