This fruit jelly is a fun, multicolored dessert that still has an air of elegance. Champagne, agar agar, and sugar come together to create the translucent base and the fruit mixed in provides the array of displayed color and of course, the sweetness in every bite. Serve these jellies with some more fruit on the side, and some more champagne while you're at it!
Fruit Jelly [Vegan]
- 2 cups diced fruit of your choice
- 1 heaping teaspoon agar agar powder
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 2/3 cups champagne or sparkling wine
- Put the cubed fruit into some small moulds. Alternatively, one large jelly can be made.
- Heat the sugar with about 1/6 of the champagne until the sugar dissolved. Put the rest of champagne and agar agar to the pan and bring to the boil and simmer rapidly for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour over the cubed fruit in the moulds. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving
- Agar Agar