Baking just got easier with this No Bake Vegan Fruit and Custard Tart! Gluten free and made from almonds and oats it is just so perfect!
Fruit and Custard Tart [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup Raw Almonds
- Salt pinch
- 6 tablespoons Coconut Oil or Vegan Butter
- 1/4 cup Vegan Sugar
For the Custard:
- 3 cups Soy Milk
- 6 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons Vegan Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- First prepare the crust by crushing the almonds with the sugar in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add the oats and process again.
- Add the melted coconut oil or vegan butter with the salt and process until it all comes together like wet sand.
- Press into your tart mold with a removable bottom then freeze while you prepare the custard.
- Combine all the ingredients except for the vanilla extract in a medium sauce pot over medium to high heat and bring to a boil stirring occasionally .
- Once it starts to bubble be sure to stir constantly to avoid burning on the bottom, and let it boil on low heat for about 30 seconds.
- Pour into the frozen crusts and refrigerate to cool and set.
- Decorate with your favorite fruits and then brush with melted apple or apricot jam to seal the fruit and keep it shiny