These brownies are the easiest, most delicious, just-a-little-fancy holiday treat ever! They are fudgy, chocolately, a little salty, and infused with a pinch of espresso. The frosting on top and the flaked sea salt take ’em to the next level.
Frosted Espresso Fudge Brownies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 flax egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease and line a 4x8 loaf pan or baking pan with parchment paper
- Combine all brownie ingredients and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes in preheated oven.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Combine all frosting ingredients except milk in a bowl and beat with a whisk until fluffy
- Add milk one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached
- Spread over warm brownies and let cool completely before slicing and serving.