This dreamy smoothie really tastes just like french toast. It has that perfect eggy, maple syrup, and sweet vanilla flavor that you find only in french toast.
French Toast Smoothie [Vegan]
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/4 avocado, frozen and chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast, large flake
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. ground flax seed (or 1 tsp. whole)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- small grating of fresh nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Feel free to blend in a few ice cubes too, if you like.
Notes: I like soy milk here because coconut and almond milk have too strong of a flavor. I used frozen avocado because of it's more neutral taste, though you could use a banana, but I think it's too strong of a flavor. The nutritional yeast is essential to this smoothie.