There's nothing like the fun of making a pizza to bring people together. This recipe has a vegan pesto recipe included as well as recommended toppings including four varieties of onions. However, the great thing about pizza is that you can seriously top it with whatever you fancy. Make it your own, get rid of some of the stuff that's been sitting in your pantry and most importantly, enjoy how quick and delicious this one is to make!
Four Onion Pesto Pizza [Vegan]
To Make the Crust:
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/5 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
To Make the Pesto:
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/5 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
To Make the Topping:
- Mix crust ingredients together well.
- Roll out a thin crust on a piece of parchment paper.
- Bake on a baking tray for 8-10 minutes at 390°F.
- In the meantime, grind your cashews in a food processor until fine.
- Add the rest of the pesto ingredients until an even sauce.
- Take out the pizza after the 8-10 minutes, top with as much pesto as you like and add the other toppings (minus the arugula).
- Slide pizza back into the oven for another 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with arugula.