This is an easy recipe that shows you how to make your tofu deliciously crispy! It's very simply, requires only two ingredients, and not much work involved! No oil required.
Foolproof Crispy Baked Tofu [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free]
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut amino (depends on how much seasoning you like)
- 1 block of firm tofu
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drain the tofu. Cut them into slices, around half an inch thick. Place them between two layers of kitchen towel or kitchen paper for around 15-30 minutes. Place a slightly heavy object such as a large bowl to press most of the water out of the tofu.
- Gently brush your choice of seasonings on both sides of the tofu slices. You can use soy sauce (if you are not gluten-intolerant), liquid amino, smoked paprika, barbecue sauce or teriyaki sauce, etc.
- Place the seasoned tofu slices on a baking tray lined with baking paper. This is essential to prevent the sticking of tofu on the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Flip and bake for another 15 minutes or until the desired crispiness is obtained.
- Now you made yourself some delicious crispy baked tofu and you can use them for sandwiches, in nourish bowls or just have them alone!