This vegan vanilla cake is a recipe you’ll want to save for any special cake-worthy occasions. This recipe uses banana flour and it works SO well. Decorate and top it any way you like, this sweet, soft, simple cake will surprise you in the best way. This cake is gorgeously simple and the vanilla flavor shines. One of the best things about this cake is how versatile it is when it comes to topping options! Think fresh fruit, coconut whipped cream, chocolate fudge frosting?!
5-Ingredient Flourless Vanilla Cake [Vegan, Grain-Free]
1 single-layer cake
Ingredients You Need for 5-Ingredient Flourless Vanilla Cake [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 3 cups banana/plantain flour
- 1 cup date paste
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
How to Prepare 5-Ingredient Flourless Vanilla Cake [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the banana flour, date paste and applesauce, and stir until thick.
- Add the vanilla and almond milk and stir until everything is totally combined.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes, until golden on top and not soft/liquid in the center.
- Let the cake cool completely before turning out and serving with fresh fruit, chocolate fudge frosting or coconut whipped cream or ice cream!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.