This vegan vanilla cake is a recipe you’ll want to save for any special cake-worthy occasions. This recipe uses banana flour and it works SO well. Decorate and top it any way you like, this sweet, soft, simple cake will surprise you in the best way. This cake is gorgeously simple and the vanilla flavor shines. One of the best things about this cake is how versatile it is when it comes to topping options! Think fresh fruit, coconut whipped cream, chocolate fudge frosting?!
5-Ingredient Flourless Vanilla Cake [Vegan, Grain-Free]
1 single-layer cake
- 3 cups banana/plantain flour
- 1 cup date paste
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the banana flour, date paste and applesauce, and stir until thick.
- Add the vanilla and almond milk and stir until everything is totally combined.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes, until golden on top and not soft/liquid in the center.
- Let the cake cool completely before turning out and serving with fresh fruit, chocolate fudge frosting or coconut whipped cream or ice cream!