15 minute, delicious, bite-sized, truffles. What else could you ask for? These gluten-free treats are completely irresistible and sweetened with figs.
Figgy Praline Truffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Raw Marzipan:
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
To Make the Raw Dough:
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried figs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 10 1/2-ounces vegan dark chocolate
To Top (Optional):
- Desiccated coconut
- Crushed walnuts
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Dried figs, cut into pieces
- Raw cacao nibs
- First, make your raw marzipan. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and combine until you get a paste. Use your hands to form a ball or the shape of a log and place into the freezer.
- In the meantime, place your oats and walnuts into a high-speed blender and pulse until you get a crumbly flour.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined. If the raw dough is too sticky add more oats, it should be easy to handle.
- Take the marzipan out of the freezer, cut off small pieces and form into small round balls with your hands.
- Take a bit from the raw dough, roll it into a ball shape, press down the surface, place one marzipan ball inside and cover it with the sides until the marzipan ball is completely covered and hidden inside the praline.
- Repeat until all the dough is done and let the pralines firm up in the freezer.
- Melt your dark vegan chocolate or mix up the raw chocolate sauce and cover the pralines.
- Topped with seeds, crushed nuts or any other desired toppings and let dry in the freezer.
Store in air-tight container and enjoy!