These easy, five-ingredient dark chocolate bars are made from scratch with vanilla and sliced almonds and sweetened with dates. Vegan, gluten-free and super delicious.
Dark Almond Vanilla and Chocolate Bar [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 dates and 5 tablespoons of water to blend the dates
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or a teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Melt the coconut butter in a mixing bowl over a small saucepan with a little bit of water over medium heat. Alternatively, you can use a microwave to melt the coconut butter in a mixing bowl until liquid.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add the cacao powder. The more cacao powder you use, the bitter the chocolate will be. Whisk to combine.
- Meanwhile, make the date sweetener. Blend in a blender or with an immersion blender the two dates and water until you have a syrup. Add this to your chocolate blend and whisk.
- When the mixture is completely combined add the vanilla extract and sliced almonds. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
- Line a plate with parchment paper and pour the chocolate on top or into ice cubes molds (if you prefer chocolate blocks instead of a bar).
- Top with almonds.
- Set in the freezer to harden for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once completely solid, break into pieces. Keep at room temperature for serving.
And store in an airtight container or freezer bag in the fridge for 2-3 weeks, or the freezer for 2 months.