These fig and almond bars are spectacular! The combination of flavors and textures is wonderful, you will lose yourself in every bite! They are very quick and easy to make and perfect for the snack.
Fig and Almond Bars [Vegan]
- 2 cups fine oat flakes
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon liquid coconut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup of large figs without the green peel
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon stevia powder (however much you like)
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Turn on the oven at 360ºF.
- Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Start by making the filling: in a chopper chop the peeled figs with the chia seeds and the vanilla until obtaining a puree. add stevia to taste.
- Meanwhile make the dough.
- Chop the oat flakes in the chopper or the rotisserie until you get a flour-like texture.
- Add the almond flour, rice jelly, cinnamon and salt. mix everything with your hands or in the chopper, so get a paste.
- Put the dough you prepared on the tray, leaving about 1/4 of the amount aside.
- Above, place the fig filling.
- Over the filling place the remaining dough, undoing it with your fingers.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until consistent and top dough begins to brown.
- Remove, allow to cool completely before leaving.
- Store in a refrigerator.