Isn’t this a gorgeous summer salad? I totally dig vibrant produce like fava beans! These are green goddesses in my opinion. They are beautiful and taste so good! They are a little time consuming to prep, but well worth the effort. Give them a try in this super satisfying salad. C'mon, you know you wanna!
Fava Bean Quinoa Salad [Vegan]
- 2 handfuls of fresh fava beans (see prep instructions above)
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped (I used yellow for colour)
- 2 persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- the juice of half of a lemon
- a sprinkle of salt & pepper to taste
- Start by chopping up your veggies. Add them to a bowl with the quinoa, garlic, mint, olive oil, lemon juice & salt and pepper to allow it to marinade while you get the fava beans ready.
- If using fresh fava beans, follow these instructions for how to peel and remove their skin. You can also use canned fava beans, but fresh is best!
- Once your fava beans are ready – add them into the salad.