These fancy-looking apple roses are the perfect dessert to impress your family and friends. They are way easier to make than they look: You’ll only need puff pastry, cinnamon, sugar, and an apple. Bake them in a muffin pan, so that they keep their shape. Find this recipe in Bianca Haun & Sascha Naderer’s The Veginner’s Cookbook through Skyhorse Publishing!
Fancy Apple Roses [Vegan]
- 1 sweet apple like a Pink Lady
- 1 (9-inch by 16-inch) package vegan puff pastry, thawed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice the apple with a mandoline slicer into very thin slices.
- Roll out the puff pastry and sprinkle the white sugar and cinnamon evenly on the pastry dough.
- Cut the dough horizontally into 6 equal strips.
- Place the apple slices on the pastry dough strips so that they overlap one another. The skin side of the apples should stick a little out of the strip. Carefully roll the strips in.
- Smooth down the bottom and press it together a bit.
- Place the apple roses in a lightly oiled muffin pan and put the pan in the oven on the lowest rack for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let them cool off completely before carefully twisting them out of the pan.
- Dust the apple roses with powdered sugar before serving.