This taco recipe is full of all the wonderful flavors of fall. It's maple; it's pumpkin; it's tempeh and veggies that are good for you and super delicious! Don't forget to pair it with the pumpkin crema!
Fall Maple Tempeh Tacos With Pumpkin Crema [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 8-ounce package tempeh
- 3 large carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cups kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine maple syrup, garlic powder, and liquid smoke. Stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Crumble tempeh into bowl and stir until fully mixed. Spread out into a single layer on baking sheet.
- Mix butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add carrots and onions and toss to coat. Spread out into a single layer on baking sheet.
- Place both baking sheets in oven and bake for 20 minutes, stirring both dishes every 5 minutes. Cook longer if needed.
- While the other ingredients bake, place kale in a large bowl. Top with oil and salt and massage for 2 minutes.
- Stir together sour cream, pumpkin, and cinnamon.
- Build tacos and top with pumpkin crema.
This recipe also works well without the tortillas and put over a grain like quinoa or farro.