Two of the best foods ever combined into one: falafel and pizza! The crust on this awesome dish is unforgettable.
Falafel Crust Pizza [Vegan]
- 1 red onion (roughly chopped)
- Clove of garlic (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons cashew nuts
- Small pack fresh coriander (chopped roughly)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 14 ounce can of cooked chickpeas (drain and rinse)
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- Pre-heat your oven at 400°F (fan oven).
- Combine onion, garlic, nuts and spices into a food processor and grind until as smooth as possible.
- Then add the chickpeas, flour, coriander and lemon juice and continue to process until a thick paste forms – you can leave a few chunks to add texture. If you don’t have a blender don’t worry, just mash the chick peas and chop the other ingredients as small as possible – then combine it all in a mixing bowl thoroughly.
- Put baking paper on a baking tray and squish the mixture into a pizza base shape.
- Cook for around 20 minutes until base turns golden (make sure you turn it over after 10 minutes).
- Add desired toppings (you can grill for a few minutes with toppings on) and ENJOY!