Two of the best foods ever combined into one: falafel and pizza! The crust on this awesome dish is unforgettable.
Falafel Crust Pizza [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Falafel Crust Pizza [Vegan]
- 1 red onion (roughly chopped)
- Clove of garlic (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons cashew nuts
- Small pack fresh coriander (chopped roughly)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 14 ounce can of cooked chickpeas (drain and rinse)
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
How to Prepare Falafel Crust Pizza [Vegan]
- Pre-heat your oven at 400°F (fan oven).
- Combine onion, garlic, nuts and spices into a food processor and grind until as smooth as possible.
- Then add the chickpeas, flour, coriander and lemon juice and continue to process until a thick paste forms – you can leave a few chunks to add texture. If you don’t have a blender don’t worry, just mash the chick peas and chop the other ingredients as small as possible – then combine it all in a mixing bowl thoroughly.
- Put baking paper on a baking tray and squish the mixture into a pizza base shape.
- Cook for around 20 minutes until base turns golden (make sure you turn it over after 10 minutes).
- Add desired toppings (you can grill for a few minutes with toppings on) and ENJOY!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.