What’s fab about this vegan version?! Everything! They are quick, easy, fairly affordable, involve minimal ingredients, you can switch up the sauce, you can find store bought pastry dough everywhere, they pack more flavor with the seasoning, the sauce pairs perfectly, the dough is light and crispy versus crescent rolls etc, they are good for every season, can easily be made in bulk, great for entertaining, and perfect for game day eats!! Want to minimize the ready made products?! You can make carrot dogs instead!!
Everything Bagel Pigs In A Blanket [Vegan]
- 1 pound package frozen puff pastry
- 1 package of vegan mini sausages
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons Everything bagel seasoning
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.Defrost puff pastry according to package instructions.
- Roll the pastry out on a floured counter to a rectangle of about 19” x 12”.
- Cut the large rectangle in half lengthwise, then cut both smaller rectangles into eight equal sections down to 16 rectangles total.
- Spread a small amount of mustard on top of each pastry rectangle.
- Lay the sausage down on the large end and roll the sausage up in the pastry, sealing the ends.
- Put the sausage rolls in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes for the pastry to chill.Remove from the refrigerator and prick the tops with a fork, brush with the tops with melted vegan butter and sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning. Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the pastry has turned a golden brown and looks crisp.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm or at room temperature with more mustard.Mustard: Combine all the ingredients in a shallow dish and serve room temp.