I drink this thing almost every day and it has changed my world. The addition of medicinal mushrooms and other adaptogens to my diet has allowed my mood, energy and motivation to soar. This is a truly powerful tonic to manage my overall mental health (which benefits every other facet of my life). Plus, it tastes like a rich cuppa chocolaty coffee.
Energizing Daily Tonic [Vegan]
- 2–4 tablespoons vegan protein powder
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon ashwagandha powder
- 1 teaspoon mushroom blend powder
- 1 teaspoon astragalus powder
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 Brazil nuts
- 2 cups hot water (or nondairy milk if you want it really creamy)
- Pinch of stevia powder
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup or dates (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice mix, as desired*
- Blend all the base ingredients except the maple syrup until smooth, creamy and delicious. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or a small handful of dates, if you want it sweeter.
- If you are using a plain protein powder, it is recommended to blend in the add-ons. The protein powder this recipe used already has coffee and chocolate in it, so it provides a lot of delicious flavor. Don’t use a gross-tasting protein powder!
- Sprinkle with apple pie spice, if using, and enjoy!
The apple pie spice used in this recipe contains cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves and orange peel.