Hearty, roasted vegetables in a creamy, rich dressing. You can swap out any of the veggies in this recipe for whatever you happen to have on hand! Enjoy this warming dish over rice for a main course or enjoy it as a side next to some marinated tofu for a healthy meal! Either way, this simple and nourishing vegetable roast drenched in creamy tahini dressing is totally a keeper!
Easy Vegetable Roast With Tahini Dressing [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Dressing:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- Pinch of paprika to taste
To Make the Roast:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 pound potatoes, scrubbed clean and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3 large carrots, scrubbed clean and cut into 2-inch rounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin, divided
- 2 teaspoons paprika, divided
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- Salt to taste
- Add garlic, tahini, lemon juice, and maple syrup in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, adding water a little at a time until dressing is thinned out but not too watery.
- Season with salt and paprika.
- The dressing will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. and lin two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss cauliflower with 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon paprika, salt to taste and a tablespoon olive oil in a bowl.
- Spread cauliflower in a single layer on one of the baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cauliflower is tender and slightly browned.
- Using the same bowl, combine the potato and carrots, add the remaining cumin, paprika, and olive oil, and add salt to taste.
- Toss to combine and spread in a single layer on the other baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 – 35 minutes until tender and golden, and a toothpick slips in easily.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan or skillet.
- Add onions and sauté, stirring often for 3 – 4 minutes until they soften and become fragrant.
- Add peas and rosemary, season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes until peas become tender.
- Add the roasted cauliflower, potatoes and carrots and toss gently to mix.
- Serve warm with the tahini dressing.