This salad is healthy yet so comforting you'll forget how good it is for you! Paired with a creamy sauce and crunchy grapes, this broccoli dish takes on a whole new level of flavor and texture!
Easy Broccoli Salad With Almond Lemon Dressing [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
4-5 cups total
- 1 big head of broccoli or 2 smaller heads (about 4-5 cups worth)
- 1/3 of a red onion
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 1/2 cups grapes
- Scallions or green onions
- 3 1/2 tablespoons water
- Juice of 1 small lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon natural runny almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of pepper
- Start by washing all ingredients that need washing. Chop up the broccoli heads into small piece. (if using them raw you can add to a large bowl,or steam them by placing them in a pot with a bit of water and a lid, low heat for about 10 minutes to soften them up, either option you prefer is ok).
- Next chop the rest of the ingredients, onion, grapes, almonds, and scallions.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the water, juice of 1 small lemon, almond butter, onion powder, and a pinch of pepper in a small bowl and whisking really well until it all comes together and forms a runny drizzle sauce.
- If you were steaming broccoli it should be done by now, be sure to drain water left over in the bottom and add broccoli to a large mixing bowl, add in the rest of the chopped ingredients and drizzle sauce over the top. Either mix it all up or leave the sauce drizzled on top for presentation and mix before serving.