Easy Autumn Cornbread [Vegan]
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup soft silken tofu
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease an 8x8-inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients - flour, cornmeal, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another large bowl, or in a blender, combine wet ingredients - almond milk, sunflower oil, brown rice syrup, and tofu. Mix until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the center, and stir until moistened.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake for 17 – 20 minutes.