This stew is packed with potassium, for creating an alkaline environment, and helps flush out the toxins from our cells, as well as adding fiber, for stimulating bile secretion and promoting bowel movement and elimination of toxins. This stew will make you feel amazing.
Detox Breakfast Stew [Vegan, Gluten-free]
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in quarters
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups (480 ml) low-sodium vegetable broth, warmed
- 1/2" (12-mm) piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup (100 g) cooked red lentils
- Fresh parsley, for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon coconut milk, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the sweet potato, carrots, parsnip, onion, garlic, salt, chili powder, turmeric, cumin and coconut oil and toss to combine them.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, or until they’re browned.
- Transfer the roasted veggie mix to a blender.
- Add the warm vegetable broth, ginger and lentils and process until the mixture resembles a smooth cream.
- Serve warm, garnished with parsley and a drizzle of coconut milk