These Dark Chocolate Chunk Nut Butter Blondies are such a (healthy) treat! Do you see those perfect little squares? That chocolate? The popped quinoa? GUYS, how can “health food” taste so good?! The popped quinoa is also awesome. It gives the bars a great crunch and a boost of protein.
Dark Chocolate Chunk Nut Butter Blondies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup popped quinoa, optional
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (or avocado oil)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup nut butter,
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (plus 2 ounces melted dark chocolate for topping, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9 x 9 -inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place oats in a blender or food processor and grind until flour consistency.
- Add ground oats to a medium-size bowl along with almond flour, popped quinoa, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, and nut butter. Stir until well combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add nut butter mixture to dry ingredients and mix to combine. Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Drizzle melted chocolate, if desired