This dessert is not only colorful with the addition of beetroot glaze. It's gluten-free, refined sugar free, and also oil-free. It is possible to enjoy a plant-based dessert that can make you happy inside and out!
Dark Chocolate Banana Bread with Beetroot Coconut Cream Glaze [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Dark Chocolate Banana Bread with Beetroot Coconut Cream Glaze [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free]
For the Dark Chocolate Banana Bread:
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon organic cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon raw org apple cider vinegar
- 4 oz unsweetened org apple sauce
- 3 organic over-ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon non-alcoholic Madagascar vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened dark chocolate chips 85% and up (vegan, gluten & nut-free)
For the Beetroot Glaze:
- 1/2 cup cooled coconut cream (full fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon beetroot powder
- 1 teaspoon sweetener
How to Prepare Dark Chocolate Banana Bread with Beetroot Coconut Cream Glaze [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free]
To Prepare the Glaze:
- Mix all together in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to glaze the cooled banana bread loaf.
To Make the Banana Bread:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine and sift all dry ingredients: oat flour, tapioca flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cardamom powder.
- Add apple cider vinegar, mashed bananas, and apple sauce to the flour mixture.
- Whisk well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla essence and whisk again to incorporate the last two ingredients into the batter.
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter and lightly stir to incorporate.
- Add the batter to a 9x5 inches nonstick loaf pan. You can choose to place parchment at the bottom of your pan. Additional chocolate chips can be sprinkled on top of the batter before placing the pan in the oven.
- Place the loaf pan into the preheated oven, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Banana bread should start rising after 15 – 20 minutes and fully bake and brown up at the end of the 45 minutes of baking.
- Remove pan from the oven and let cool for 5-10 min, until removing banana bread loaf from the pan and onto a cooling rack.
- Glaze your fresh gluten-free chocolate banana bread whenever it’s cool enough for the glaze not to melt completely.
- Enjoy immediately!
- Leftovers can be kept for up to a max of 2 days in an airtight container. - If you haven’t baked with gluten-free flours before, follow the instructions in my recipe to the dot!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.