This is a very unique and tasty salad that can quickly turn into your favorite. The different flavors and textures and the tahini and curry dressing will make you enjoy every single bite!
Curried Red Rice, Broccoli and Chickpea Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 cup red cooked rice
- 1 can of cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup almonds
For the Dressing:
- 2 heaping tablespoons of tahini
- 5 tablespoons of warm water
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wash and cut the broccoli very finely into very small florets. (If you do not like raw broccoli, you can sauté or steam it for a few minutes)
- Rinse and drain well the chickpeas
- Chop the almonds roughly using a knife or with a food processor.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, red rice and chickpeas, raisins and almonds and toss well.
- Now, in a small bowl, mix all the ingredients of the dressing and stir until you get a homogeneous cream. Pour the dressing into the large bowl and toss everything well.