This is a very unique and tasty salad that can quickly turn into your favorite. The different flavors and textures and the tahini and curry dressing will make you enjoy every single bite!
Curried Red Rice, Broccoli and Chickpea Salad [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Curried Red Rice, Broccoli and Chickpea Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 cup red cooked rice
- 1 can of cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup almonds
For the Dressing:
- 2 heaping tablespoons of tahini
- 5 tablespoons of warm water
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How To Make Curried Red Rice, Broccoli and Chickpea Salad [Vegan]
- Wash and cut the broccoli very finely into very small florets. (If you do not like raw broccoli, you can sauté or steam it for a few minutes).
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas well.
- Chop the almonds roughly using a knife or with a food processor.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, red rice and chickpeas, raisins and almonds and toss well.
- Now, in a small bowl, mix all the ingredients of the dressing and stir until you get a homogeneous cream. Pour the dressing into the large bowl and toss everything well.
Per Serving: Calories: 398 | Carbs: 54 g | Fat: 16 g | Protein: 17 g | Sodium: 489 mg | Sugar: 22 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile