We are all busy people, which is why this seven-minute mash is such a godsend. The recipe only calls for six ingredients and the preparation is so easy, you'll be surprised by how balanced and tasty this mash is. Don't wait your time getting fancy, stick to the basics and stay happy with this seven-minute mash from Australian nutritionist, Jessica Sepel. For more delicious and easy vegan recipes, visit www.jessicasepel.com!
Cumin, Cauliflower and Carrot Mash [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Salt, pepper, sesame seeds and chili flakes
- Steam the cauliflower and carrots over a pot of boiling water for 7-10 minutes until they are very soft.
- Add the steamed cauliflower and carrots to your food processor.
- Pulse them in short bursts, adding the olive oil, salt, pepper, and cumin to taste.
- Pour in the water so the ingredients start to purée and become mash-like.
- Add the mash to a bowl and season it with sesame seeds, cumin, and chili flakes.