If you’re trying to eat a diet high in nutrient dense, juicy foods, then this dish is something you’ll want to introduce in your rotation. Cucumber is one of the best foods for weight loss, skin health and overall healing. Tahini is a great source of healthy fats, is the base of this sauce that has a rich, creamy texture and just the right amount of spice!
Cucumber Noodles With Spicy Tahini Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Noodles:
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled
- 1 handful baby kale
- 1 handful whole cashews
For the Sauce:
- 1-2 teaspoon chili powder (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup tablespoons wheat-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup agave, maple syrup, or 2 dates
- Blend sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Using a spiral slicer, turn both of the cucumbers to make noodles. If you don't have a spiral slicer, you can use a vegetable peeler to make wide long noodles.
- Toss the noodles with 2-4 tablespoons of the finished sauce until thoroughly coated. Top with baby kale, whole cashews, and a little more of the sauce.
- Serve immediately. Dressed cucumber will start to get watery quickly.